Links to Software Downloads, Documentation and Other Resources
- Autodesk Maya
Student License Full Version of Software (register and follow links to
- OpenShot Video Open Source Free Editing Software (Apple and Windows)
- Make Human Character Modeling Open Source Free Software (Apple and WIndows)
- GIMP Cross Platform Image Editor Open Source Free Software (Apple and Windows)
- Processing Open Sources Software for Video and Sound Processing
- online Maya textbooks through UVA
Subscription (open to UVA community only)
tutorials, example files and PDF learning materials from autodesk
tutorials from Autodesk community
tutorials from digitaltutors.com
- Quicktime user guide
- Sound Dogs copyright free and
legal sound downloads (samples can be examined for free , but use
- Partners in Rhyme copyright free, free and
fee-based sound downloads
- Freesound royalty free music _ use
generally requires citation
- Audacity Free
Download for Windows and Mac
UVA Technology Maya Supplements (Internal To UVA Only)
- Maya Render Farm Setup PDF
- Setup for Virtual Machines (Internal to UVA Only)
Reading Excerpts (Internal to UVA only)
- excerpt from Lynch
Kevin, "What Time is This Place", MIT Press, 1972.
from Rainer Maria Rilke, "The Notes of Malte Laurids Brigge", 1910,
from Existentialism from Dostoevsky to Sarte, Edited by Walter Kaufman,
from Walter Murch, "In The Blink of an Eye", Silman-James Press, 1995.
from Oliver Sacks, "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat", Harper
& Row Publishers, 1987.
on film and reality from Rudolf Arnheim, Film As Art, MIT Press, 1957.
on rmotion from Rudolf Arnheim, Film As Art, MIT Press, 1957.
on reduced depth from Rudolf Arnheim, Film As Art, MIT Press, 1957.